Manufacturing Plant BALTIMORE, MARYLAND
The objective of the manufacturer was to find a partner who could bear the responsibility of maintaining and preserving the plant facility. This partner would have to be able to stabilize facilities maintenance spending, generate cost savings, improve the facility efficiency, and enhance the overall appearance of the plant to meet GMP and ISO standards. The goal is to allow manufacturer maintenance personnel to put 100% effort into producing goods, not managing the building and grounds.
- Reduced the manufacturer’s supplier utilization from 34 contractors to 1
- Introduced Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to electronically capture all facilities maintenance activity
- Established baseline for all facility maintenance spend
- Converted facilities maintenance to a Guaranteed Pricing Model that stabilized facilities expenses under Viox’s control and allowed the manufacturer to predict spending
- Implemented vendor management programs that focused on quality and cost control
- Developed specific preventive and predictive maintenance programs for plant facility and facility equipment
- Instituted performance metrics to quantify and measure quality of completed work
- Upgraded HVAC systems to meet heating and cooling requirements while reducing overall operational cost
- Aligned facility maintenance processes with manufacturer GMP standards and ISO certification requirements
- Actively audited facility condition against ISO and GMP standards
- Produced additional $100,000/year in electrical savings through optimization of plant’s compressed air system
- Provided a highly effective turn-key project management program for many of the improvement initiatives and capital improvements within the plant
- Generated $129,000 in additional cost reductions in areas not impacting the Viox budget
- Alleviated waste water and sewage concerns within the plant
- Expanded energy efficiency through management of ammonia and hot water boiling systems
- Created an optimal manufacturing environment for manufacturer
Viox Services implemented an Integrated Facilities Maintenance (IFM) program that helped the manufacturer control costs and the quality of their facilities and grounds maintenance and allowed them to focus on production. Viox aligned the processes and procedures with manufacturer’s GMP standards and ISO requirements. Another added benefit was the introduction of a new Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), which captures all work order data and provides instant access to reports.
Viox also implemented strict auditing guidelines to further ensure continuous quality improvement. Utilizing the expertise of the Viox energy department, a full scale energy audit was completed at no cost, which resulted in adjusting 2 of the 3 air compressors that previously ran all the time. The onsite staff also focused on upgrading the aesthetics of the plant. Projects such as a training room renovation, floor and tile maintenance, window repair, outdoor lighting, and upgraded landscaping have made the plant more GMP compliant and a more satisfying place for the employees to work. Most importantly, the IFM program has driven overall cost control and has established a preferred manufacturing environment for the client.
Since 1946, Viox Services has been helping manufacturers get more from their buildings and their budgets through our facilities maintenance program designed specifically for the manufacturing industry. With a combination of our knowledge and technical expertise, Viox helps manufacturing customers stabilize their facilities maintenance spend, generate cost savings, improve efficiencies, and enhance the overall appearance of their plant.